Saturday, January 19, 2008

"I Don't know how you do it?"


There is almost nothing better for a mother to hear from her beloved spouse!!!
So we are fast approaching the day that I start back to work. Fortunately for us I will be working 3 nights a week which will allow Jaci Maeve to be with Michael and me most of the time. (With an occasional Monday at the Hammitt's) I'm certainly not looking forward to leaving her at night - but what a blessing it is to be able to work a schedule such as this and stay home with her most of the week...and truly a blessing for Michael and Jaci to have their time as well.
Tonight I went out for a few hours while Michael stayed home with Jaci - A trial run if you will.
When I walked through the doors I was greeted by Michael with Jaci Maeve in his arms as he was trying to get the bath ready - the first words out of his mouth "We are glad to see you...we are struggling. I don't know how you do this." With that - I started laughing and basked in the moment!!!
Men are really at a disadvantage when it comes to stepping into an already existing schedule. We get our babies on a schedule that works for us, and why shouldn't we? We train our little one gaining their confidence in our next move and then BAM! Unbeknown to Dad - he gets it all wrong...when the smallest thing changes...it creates a sudden downward spiral - ending with a crying "square lipped" baby! Isn't motherhood GRAND!! :)
What a beautiful gift the Lord has blessed women with...I love being a mom!!!

3 comments:

Will, Shawna, Gaines and Ana said...

Mindy!!! I just found your blog through Marcie's blog...hallelu...a way to keep up with you from way across the country. Your little girl is so beautiful! I am sure you are a terrific mother. Jaci is one blessed little girl! Love, Shawna

Leah Tomlinson said...

Mindy-Jaci is an absolute doll!!! Congratulations, four months late. I know how you feel, going back to work was not easy, but what a blessing that Jaci will be able to stay with Michael most of the time. Glad I found you guys and glad to see that all is going well for you. Leah (Weaver) Tomlinson

Amanda said...

Motherhood is grand! I'm so glad you've gotten to stay home with Jaci for so long. It's going to be nice only having to work a few days a week. I know what you mean about the schedule. Jeffrey struggles when he keeps Gracen because nobody does it like Mama does, but bless his and Michael's hearts for wanting to try. We have 2 great daddys!